November 30, 2012 by Lain
Writer, Activist, and (let’s face it…) Pagan Celebrity, Starhawk will be in Edmonton this weekend, December 1st and 2nd. With workshops and book signing, tickets for this event are going fast! Tickets are available at Where Faeries Live, or Earth’s General Store in Edmonton. For those of you who don’t know Starhawk, or haven’t read any of her work, here is her bio, and a link to her website;
“is one of the most respected voices in modern earth-based spirituality. She is also well-known as a global justice activist and organizer, whose work and writings have inspired many to action. She is the author or coauthor of twelve books, including The Spiral Dance: A Rebirth of the Ancient Religion of the Great Goddess, long considered the essential text for the Neo-Pagan movement, and the now-classic ecotopian novel The Fifth Sacred Thing. Starhawk’s newest book is The Empowerment Manual: A Guide for Collaborative Groups, published November 2011, from New Society Publishers.”
Northern Runes Radio- “An internet voice discussing the ways of our pre-Christian European ancestors. The religion, the magical practices, and the philosophies.”
Edmonton’s own locally produced podcast has gone global! Fans of Daniel Updike’s Show can now catch it at Wyldwood Radio, a U.K. based internet radio facility. This is great news for the show, and a sign of Daniel’s hard work and dedication. Congratulations Northern Runes Radio!
Food Bank, Mustard Seed donations– Members of Edmonton’s Pagan Community have come up with a brilliant, and simple way to share with those less fortunate in the greater Edmonton Community this Yule season;
The students of the Witch’s Craft drop in class have decided to collect for the Food Bank and for the the Mustard Seed to help celebrate the Season of Yule. Spearheaded by Katherine R. there are now boxes at Where Faeries Live to drop off food items for both charities. The boxes are at the store now and please come support the Food Bank and the Mustard Seed. We are a pagan group collecting donations for those in need. Creating a small area of awareness in the greater Edmonton community of a pagan community helping out.
The Food Banks Most Needed Items;
◆ Beans with or without pork ◆ Canned ﬁsh or meat
◆ Baby formula ◆ Peanut butter ◆ Powdered milk
- ◆ Soup ◆ Canned fruit or vegetables
- ◆ Pasta & pasta sauce ◆ Juice boxes for children
- ◆ Monetary donations are also cheerfully accepted. As the Holiday season is fast approaching they are requesting box’s of stuffing, cranberry sauce, and other festive items till Dec 12 to go out for holiday delivery on Dec 14.
- The Mustard Seed: has a list of needed Items as well.
- Wish List (Ongoing Needs)
- Toiletries (Most Urgently Needed): Men’s socks and underwear, Shaving cream, Deodorant, Razors, Foot powder, Toothbrushes and toothpaste, Feminine hygiene items
- Kitchen Items: Frying pans, Dish soap, Toasters and hot plates, Pots and pans, Coffee pots, Cooking utensils, Can openers, Dish cloths and tea towels
- Clothing: Hoodies, Mens jeans 30-36, Shoes, boots and socks, Seasonal adult coats
- Seasonal kid’s coats (tots to 2XL) Men’s and
- women’s underwear